Frequently Asked Questions
What is ABA therapy?
ABA Therapy is considered the gold standard in Autism treatment. ABA teaches a multitude of skills to address the effects of Autism including communication, self-help, adaptive, social skills, academic skills, and behavior modification.
1) ABA can be done at any age but research shows early intervention has the most profound results (starting at 2-3 years old).
2) Therapy sessions can occur in a variety of settings but Little People's Place specializes in providing therapy in the most natural settings (Home).
3. A therapy session can range from 1.5-3.5 hours on average depending on if your child has a focused or comprehensive treatment plan. Programs can range from 10-40 hours per week depending on the needs of your child.
How can I find out if my child has Autism?
A parent is their child's biggest advocate. If your child is not meeting most developmental milestones or if there are other areas of concern, seeking a qualified professional for answers should be your next step. A qualified professional will use testing measures along with parent and caregiver report and observations of your child to help provide a diagnosis.
Some early signs (National Autism Center):
no social smiling by 6 months.
no one-word communications by 16 months.
no two-word phrases by 24 months.
no babbling, pointing, or meaningful gestures by 12 months.
poor eye contact.
not showing items or sharing interests.
unusual attachment to one particular toy or object
How can We get Started?
An Autism diagnosis can be tough for families. Little Peoples Place for Therapy is here to help you navigate what to do next.
1) Contact us for a phone consultation. Here you will tell us about your child and his/her needs.
2) If we determine that ABA therapy can promote independence and provide success for your child, Next steps will be to discuss billing and payment. We will then schedule you for an in-home parent meeting and ABA evaluation with a BCBA.
3) An in home evaluation depends on the age of your child but will focus on observation and skill testing.
4) After the evaluation, our BCBA will create a customized therapy plan based on the results of the assessment and your priorities.
5) The ABA feedback meeting is where we will share with you the results of our assessment and the individualized plan and the next steps to get a team in your home.
Little People's Place for Therapy LLC works with most commercial insurances and private payments.